20110903

KICK OUT THE JAMS.






Topshop U.S. flag jeans, tank top courtesy of Actual Pain, Rick Owens boots, Hellhammer studded leather bag & sterling pacifier ring by Käärme, DIY denim vest, Tiffany's sterling padlock necklace, Ray Ban aviators.





Y'all dig my purple tips? I do, because they make my son smile. I totally want to do my entire head, but I think my husband's head would explode if I did that. Anyway, I used that stuff sold at Sally's called Beyond the Zone in "Not So Shy Violet." If you have bleached hair and want to Manic Panic that shit up, I recommend letting it sit on there for a loooong time. Crazy semi-permanent colors don't have any developers in them or anything, so they're not drying to the hair. I had to do mine a couple of times to get that shade. After I wash my hair, I dip the tips again and rinse (without shampoo) until the water runs clear, to maintain the color. Not so sure how long I'll keep them, but they're definitely fun for now.



And how crazy are my roots already?! Jesus. That ring I have on my pinky (which totally makes me feel like Barnabas Collins, or at least Glenn Danzig) is from Gypsy Warrior, a shop that offers a crazy amount of cool, affordable swag. And their customer service is great. Check 'em out.





I can't take off our binky ring. If you're a regular reader, you know I'm a ring junkie. Every finger, all the time. This ring is like the Titanic of rings, and wearing it with other rings looks rather silly. So, this eliminates some of the time I normally spend rummaging around for the perfect lineup of rings every day. As for the bag, it kind of speaks for itself. I really like the fact that no matter how you wear it, it looks good. The strap has a zipper in the middle, so it unzips into two straps and can be worn as a backpack. Perfect for when I have the baby out and about. It's also deceptive in what it's capable of holding; I have my huge Y3 wallet, notebook, iPod, makeup case, the baby's bottle, and a whole bunch of other stuff in there, and there is still room to spare. Hey, I made a rhyme.



I promise these jeans are the last U.S. flag inspired garment I will purchase. You have my word. That being said, I fucking love them. Surprisingly, they match with pretty much everything ... I think it's because the flag print is kind of washed out, so it's not so overwhelming. I wore them to my son's birthday party, where I took the best photo in this post:



Love that face. That's all for now .. you all enjoy your labor day weekends of debauchery and ill repute. &hearts


24 comments:

Gosia said...

You look awesome, your hair is fantastic! and I love the jeans!

Anonymous said...

also loving the ring!!!

Rachel Louisa. said...

Happy Birthday to little Bobby! The hair looks sweet.

Anonymous said...

obsessed with that ring and your hair!!!

Phoenix said...

Your hair looks freaking awesome! Digging the outfit too, you look great.

InnyVinny said...

Hal, that boy looks like your clone!

Sister Wolf said...

Love your patriotic hair and the boy is looking so adorable. I need to kiss him.

Lydia Armstrong said...

I love your hair!!! I want colored hair. Also that pacifier ring is fab.

Anonymous said...

so jealous of your hair

Lily said...

OMG girl. this look has me flipping out on so many levels. ill choose my top 3----the bag, your awesome fucking hair, and that ring. the ring MUST be mine or im afraid ill simply perrish. are they sold out yet? pleaseplease say no. kisses!

Anonymous said...

Holy shit your hair looks fucking amazing! Loving the roots - fresh-bleached hair looks too perfect. It's settled in nice and suits you too well.

STOP IT RIGHT NOW said...

Every baby needs to have a smeared face photo. He's too cute for words and looks just like you. xx

rental mobil said...

Very nice, thanks for sharing.

ray said...

your hair looks so good mami!! i want to see it ALL blue!! ;]

xxx

Isabel Hendrix said...

awww your son is SO cute!! I love your outfits always, this one is especially great, your new pants are awesome and all the rings.. I love them!
It is so annoying that hair color doesn't last that long, I am loving how yours looks though! I am probz gonna dye mine again pretty soon, and I think I will just not wash it that often to keep the color strong.. anywayssss I love your hair now, even the roots look good!

Anonymous said...

super hot and just plain badass

samantha rae said...

wicked pants.

rouli said...

u look amazinnnnnn

Dolly said...

amazing hair, i love your pants and bag! The bag is amazing. And the baby is such a cutie!!
Dolly, xo
Unicorns, Heels and American Dreams

beneath the glass said...

omigod you have killer style, i love it! your hair is awesome! i've been dying for platinum hair with colored tips, but no stylist will touch mine and i'm scared to do it myself, lol. but i did do the "Beyond the Zone" colors to my hair too- it used to be red but faded, so i tried to do the purple one, which turned it brown, ugh. So i might try bleaching the ends and trying it again. I love how stylish you are being a mom and all. I feel like people expect you to dress a certain way as a mom. I certainly don't let it get in my way :) your baby is too cute as well. Can I write a longer comment, lol? Maybe next time :)

Beneath the Glass

plantation shutters Atlanta said...

tru American buff...nice pants. hey that too looks awesome on your arms. your son rocks.

Our Youth said...

HOT! xxx

Severine Arend said...

Im loving the tips, and that pacifier ring is truly amazing.

Emalynne said...

Love your American flag jeans! Just saw another amazing pair on Magdalena Wosinska's interview on Style Like U.

http://stylelikeu.com/closets/magdalena-wosinska/